Monday, March 12, 2012

Catalina Island

We were staying in Punta Cana...on the Eastern shore, but took a day trip to Catalina island which is near La Romana.  (On the south eastern shore)
Here we are in front of the famous Basilica in Higuey.  We were told there were only 3 of these in the world.  We weren't able to go inside because we were not properly dressed, but I found some cool pictures on the internet. 
 The Basilica at night

 The interior


Here is our scuba guide  (in the photo above this one) Dago, flirting with the German girls.  He spoke English, Spanish, French, and obviously just enough German as well!!  He was a really smart guy!
The island off in the distance is Catalina; our destination

Scuba off the coast of Catalina
We saw tons of these coral tubes.  They were really big and pretty.
Here is a lionfish.  We saw several of them whiel scuba diving.
On the beach after scuba diving.
Beautiful scenery on the island of Catalina.
Just relaxing
Here we are after our scuba diving and island tour with Dago.  It was a great day! 

Again, I say, I absolutely love the Dominican Republic.  I love love love it!!! I can't wait to go back.  I didn't want to leave.  It was the most perfect place in the world.  I miss it terribly!


No comments:

Post a Comment