Friday, October 2, 2009

Introducing Addison Hope



So Monday we received a phone call from our adoption agency saying they had matched us with another baby. We were stunned. They had said it would take 6-8 weeks, but it took 6 days! We were thinking November, and it was September. It was very surprising. The social worker said that on the rare occasion something like this happens they are always quick to match asap.

Our baby girl was born May 1, 2009. She is fussy according to her file. It stated she cried when bathed, (especially when her hair was washed) “showed her temper” when she was wet or hungry, and “fretted” when she was tired, but would stop when rocked to sleep. Humm… so she cries when shes hungry, tired, wet, or bathed…I think that’s all the time. She sounds like a spit-fire already.

Although we don’t feel ready to “move on,” we have found this to be a source of encouragement. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t still sad about Brooke; I still cry at times, and there is a big part of me that feels guilty being excited about another baby. …and then a part of me that feels guilty about not being “excited enough” about the new baby. I’m quite a mix of emotions right now and we thank you for your continued prayers. It means so much to us. Please continue to pray for Brooke. We love her still. Please pray for this baby who we’ve name Addison Hope; “Addison” after the baby we lost. (her name was Brooke Addison), and “Hope” because God has given us great, unshakable Hope. To Him be the glory.

Psalm 116:12: “How can I repay the Lord for all the good he has done for me?”

4 comments:

  1. She is SOOOOO Beautiful!!!!!!!! All the emotions are totally normal. I am still praying for you all.

    Oh I just want to pinch those cheeks. What a Cutie Pie!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's okay to have mixed emotions right now. This is the path God chose for you and you will love that precious baby so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations again! She really is beautiful.

    Her skin is such a pretty color- did she have jaundice as a newborn? Just curious as our little one did too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited it happened so quickly for you!!!! She is beautiful. I know it feels a little too soon, but just go with it. Everything happens for a reason. This was the right time for Him to show you your new daughter, it doesn't mean you have to forget about Brooke, it just means that you need to make a little more room in your heart. Awesome news!!

    ReplyDelete