Thursday, October 22, 2009

Christ = Life



“It’s imperative we see that God is not interested in making our lives better. He’ll have nothing to do with being a supplemental enhancement to support our personal goals and ambitions. He’s not a sidekick, co-pilot, or self-help guru, and we should stay as far away from so-called Christianity that presents God as a way to improve our lives. God is life itself. Christ is life itself. We cannot live apart from God.”

*quote from the book, Your Jesus Is Too Safe, -p. 225

1 comment:

  1. Hi~

    I found your link from the Holt message boards. I would have pm'd you but I have attempted to register several times on the Holt boards but to no avail. I just wanted to let you know that I read your story and I am going through the exact same thing that you and your family did. We were referred a beautiful healthy little boy in July who up until last month has been fine. We got a doctor's note from Holt yesterday via email, telling us that he had 3 choking spells and is on anti-convulsion medication. He had an abnormal EEG and is scheduled for an MRI in November. We have no idea what is going on but are praying that everything turns out okay. By reading your story and seeing how strong you are, you have given me encouragement and for that, I'd like to say thank you.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete