Friday, August 14, 2009

Moved to Tears


Imagine being a twenty-year-old, living in alone Uganda, adopting 13 children, and relying completely on God's provisions to provide for you, your chidlren, and the 400 other children who now depend on you for their care. This isn't a fantastic story I've made up. Its the real life of a girl named Katie from Tennesse who left college, went to Uganda; and stayed. I cried when I read her story. I plan to support her ministry. Here is the link to her blog where she chronicles her day to day life in Uganda. Her faith is incredible, convicting, and humbling. May we be more like her.
Please take time to read her story.
Here is the link to the Ministry created to support her work with orphans in Uganda: Amazima Ministries. I've also added this link to my side bar.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you found her blog and her story! She is one amazing woman and we support her as well. God is moving mountains in her life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my- THANK YOU so much for posting this. I had never heard her story and just read her blog and like you was amazed and in tears. I want to spread the word about her ministry now as well and plan to post about it soon.

    I must tell you that even though I am a bad commenter- I do read almost all your posts and they are always encouraging and challenging your readers to grown deeper in their walk with the Lord. I usually watch the videos and go to the links, and check out the books but I just forget to come back and let you know and say THANKS!
    So thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete