Saturday, July 11, 2009

God's Love


I read this post over at 1517 by Todd Pruitt and felt it warranted repeating.

Martin Luther struggled many years to believe that God loved him. As he considered his sin he concluded that a righteous God could not possibly love him. After his discovery of the Gospel of God’s grace he would still struggle mightily against the temptations and accusations of Satan. Luther, famous for his battle with the ancient foe, once wrote:

Because you say I am a sinner, I will be righteous and saved…I fly to Christ who has given himself for my sins. Therefore, Satan, you will not prevail against me when you try to terrify me by telling me how great my sins are…On the contrary, when you say I am a sinner, you give me armor and a weapon against yourself…for Christ died for sinner…You do not terrify me but comfort me immeasurably.” –Martin Luther

No comments:

Post a Comment