Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Best Story Bible for Kids

I want to HIGHLY recommend the following children's story Bible. It is The Big Picture Story Bible written by David Helm. I have read countless story Bibles to my boys over the years, but this one is so much better there is absolutely no comparison to any other. What makes it so different and superior is the fact the author takes each Bible story, each event in Israel's history, each phase in Biblical history, and ties them all together to show how the Bible is one coherent book, with one message instead of lots of little inspirational stories compiled into an anthology. He shows with each story and each account of Christ's life how they fit into God's overall purpose of redeeming a people for himself. There are no random stories that don't fit here! On each page you see, as will your child, how each account draws us closer to the fulfillment of God's promises. Its definitely worth purchasing!!!


2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say thanks for sharing about this! I went and checked it out and will definitely be ordering it for our family. Our boys are a little old for it maybe, but now that we will have little ones again- it is important to find good Bible story books and I love that this seems to focus on the BIG picture of God's heart for the world!
    Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also bought this book for our church library and then for myself.

    Have you ever read "The Lamb" by John Cross? I think the gospel is clearer in The Lamb tho I also like the Big Picture Bible. :)

    ReplyDelete